Full-Time or Freelance
Madeo is an award winning creative agency with a focus on social impact. We are an inclusive and diverse team of strategists, designers, writers, and web developers. We value mission-driven work that relies on empathy, analytical thinking, and collaboration.
Our clients tackle today’s challenging issues. They invite us to partner on their brands, websites, digital products, and interactive campaigns — projects that inspire people to take meaningful actions. Some of our clients include the Innocence Project, the Equal Justice Initiative, STOP Tobacco, Echoing Green, and Girls Leadership.
About the role
We are growing our team and inviting more designers to join our studio. We’re working remotely and working within the EST time zone. We’re open to bringing someone on a freelance basis for a number of months or full-time. We invite you to learn more about our culture, projects, and approach. We value collaboration to the extent that we have a ‘buddy system‘ where a designer always has another designer as a peer on a project. If you join, you would be invited to work on a number of website design projects with a focus on social impact. And, depending on your skill sets and interest, you may also be invited to contribute to branding and other types of design projects.
- Relevant experience with client websites is a must for consideration.
- Depending on your level of experience, you may join as a ‘Designer’ or ‘Senior Designer’.
- You need to be eligible to work in the United States if you intend to join as a staff member and not freelance.
- Please spend time with our featured case studies on our website and apply if you believe you are qualified for and interested in working on similar projects.
Range of responsibilities
- Depending on your relevant experience, you may either support or lead the following aspects of the role.
- At any given point, you would typically be working on 2 to 3 different client projects. On a number of projects, you may have a peer designer working with you as your project partner to advance collaboration.
- On any project, in addition to collaborating with other designers, you would also collaborate with one or two strategists, a creative director, web developers and potentially members of the client team.
- On any project, we start with a research and discovery phase. For website redesigns, this would include understanding the existing website, shared needs and behaviors, learning from insights we get from Google Analytics and stakeholder interviews, and independently researching peer sites to note opportunities. You would also participate on auditing the existing site and share recommendations for opportunities across UX, UI, the visual design direction, and visual content.
- Based on discovery insights and our collective recommendations, we typically move into a high-level design direction, which is incredibly collaborative, along with wireframing in collaboration with the content strategist.
- As designs gets more defined, you would work on establishing the UI Kit, the overall style guide of the website and its different patterns which would inform web development. You would also define interactions, transitions..etc. and based on your skills and interests you may collaborate directly with front-end web developers on execution.
- While there is a heavy emphasis here on web design, if your experience is more focused on marketing design, art direction, or branding, please still do apply for consideration.
How to apply
Thank you for your interest in joining us. Please click the button below to complete the application and be considered for this role. You can also look out for updates and more opportunities at @madeo_studio.